Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sugar cream pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
I have never had sugar cream pie but I have relatives from Marion Oh that speak of it often. I decided to try this recipe and while I have no idea if this is how sugar cream pie is supposed to look and taste. Creamy, luscious and way better than any instant pudding pie you ever ate, this old fashioned sugar cream pie is absolutely unforgettable and only gets better as it rests, so make it TODAY!
Sugar Cream Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Sugar Cream Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sugar cream pie using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sugar Cream Pie:
- Prepare Pie Shells (Not deep dish)
- Make ready Vanilla
- Get Margarine
- Make ready Milk
- Prepare Salt
- Prepare Sugar
- Prepare Cornstartch
The egg-free custard filling is easy to make using ingredients you already have on hand. Cream pie (sometimes called sugar cream pie) tastes like crème brûlée in pie format. People go crazy for my cream pie and it's so simple to make. Plus, it uses simple ingredients that you may.
Instructions to make Sugar Cream Pie:
- Bake the two pie shells first and set aside to cool. After ingredients below are cooked they are then poured into the two pie shells and left to cool and then placed in the refrigerator to solidify.
- I pre mix the wet ingredients by melting the margarine and then adding all other wet ingredients. Dry ingredients I mix in a separate bowl.
- From there, heat 1/2 of the pre mixed wet ingredients over medium heat until close to boil.
- Next add all dry ingredients and stir until it becomes thick and all lumps are out.
- Now turn up the heat close to high and and the remaining 1/2 of the wet ingredients. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat off and constantly stir until thick. If it's slightly runny that's ok as it should solidify after it sets.
- Pour into the pie crusts and sprinkle on nutmeg after pouring. Leave set for a bit and then refrigerate to solidify. I usually refrigerate overnight.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Sugar cream pie is a simple recipe that starts with a flaky, unbaked crust and a filling with just five ingredients and an optional sprinkle of nutmeg. This old-fashioned sugar cream pie recipe is enriched with a little nutmeg and butter. There's almost no preparation time, and it's ready in under an hour. A low carb pie perfect to serve on holidays.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sugar cream pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!