Hello everyone, this time we gives you braised chinese pork belly (special dongpo recipe) recipes of dishes that are simple to know. We are going to share with you the recipes that you’re searching for. I’ve made it many instances and it’s so scrumptious that you guys will adore it.
Braised Chinese Pork Belly (Special Dongpo Recipe) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Braised Chinese Pork Belly (Special Dongpo Recipe) is something which I have loved my entire life.
Braised pork belly or Dong Po Rou (东坡肉) is an iconic traditional Chinese braised pork belly recipe of Hangzhou (杭州), created by Su Dong Po, a famous scholar, writer, poet, calligrapher, gastronome, and court official of the Song dynasty. Over the centuries, this dish has become very popular, and once you taste it, you'll know why! Set the pork belly on their side and add honey all over the dish.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook braised chinese pork belly (special dongpo recipe) using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Chinese Pork Belly (Special Dongpo Recipe):
- Take Main Ingredients
- Make ready 3 slice Pork Belly
- Prepare 3 tbsp Oil
- Take 6 clove Garlic
- Take 4 each Star-Anise
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Sichuan Peppercorns
- Get 1/2 cup Honey
- Prepare 1 can Chicken Stock
- Prepare 1 small Ginger
- Make ready 1/4 cup Thick Sweet Soy Sauce
- Get 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
- Make ready 1 stick Cinnamon
- Get Optional Add-ons
- Make ready 2 each Potato
- Make ready 8 each Cooked Tofu Cubes
Depressurise and flip the pork pieces skin-side up in the pot. Boil some water in a wok, enough to just cover the pork. As soon as the time is up, lift the pork out of the wok and immerse into ice cold water; this will stop the meat from cooking any further. Cut the pork into large chunks.
Instructions to make Braised Chinese Pork Belly (Special Dongpo Recipe):
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice ginger into thin pieces. Dice 3 cloves of garlic into smaller pieces. Crush remaining 3 pieces of garlic.
- Add oil into a roasting pan. Heat roast pan into medium heat.
- Slice pork belly sticks into 3 individual pieces -resulting into 9 pieces. Make more if desired to make larger serving.
- Once the roasting pan is heated, stir fry garlic, ginger, star-anise, sichuan peppercorn together with the oil in medium heat.
- Once the pan is fragrant, slowly add the pork belly into its side one by one and sear it for about 20 seconds each side - with the bottom (opposite to fat side) being the last side to be seared.
- Set the pork belly on their side and add honey all over the dish.
- Expose all the sides of the pork belly to the honey-oil-mixture of ingredients.
- Add chicken stock, soy sauce and sweet thick soy sauce to the mixture.
- Again mix the pork belly and expose all its side to the stock-honey-oil-ingredients concoction.
- Wait for the stock-honey-oil-ingredients to boil.
- If it's boiling, remove from heat. Cover with foil and put it inside the oven. Set the timer to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Depending on your desired add-on, add it to the roasting pan at the most appropriate time remaining. Example: Potato = 30 min. Cooked tofu cubes = 15 min.
- Without turning off the oven, take out the pan at the around 45 min. - 1 hour mark and bring it to the range under medium-high heat to a boil. Let boil for 3-5 minutes then immediately bring it inside the oven again.
Blanch it whole in boiling water for one minute and drain. Heat a pot of water to boil. Drain water, remove pork from pot, rinse and pat dry. Remove from the water, and blot dry with paper towels. Place scallion stalks on bottom of a steamer.
Above is tips on how to prepare dinner braised chinese pork belly (special dongpo recipe), very easy to make. Do the cooking levels appropriately, calm down and use your coronary heart then your cooking might be delicious. There are lots of recipes which you can try from this web site, please find what you want. If you like this recipe please share it with your friends. Completely happy cooking.