Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, rösti (swiss potato pancake). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rösti (Swiss Potato Pancake) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Rösti (Swiss Potato Pancake) is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook rösti (swiss potato pancake) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Rösti (Swiss Potato Pancake):
- Take 1 kg Potatoes
- Take 1 Onion
- Take 50 grams Bacon
- Make ready 1 Butter
- Get 1 Olive oil
- Get 1 Salt
- Prepare 1 Pepper
Instructions to make Rösti (Swiss Potato Pancake):
- These are the ingredients. It's really easy.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins. If a bamboo skewer goes through one easily they are done. Peel them while they are still hot, and let cool.
- Finely chop the onion, and dice the bacon.
- Grate the potatoes with a special potato grater (which looks like a pizza cheese grater). If you don't have such a grater, finely chop half the potatoes and mash the rest.
- Put some olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion until it is translucent. Add the bacon and sauté some more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the potato from Step 4 and the Step 5 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up the olive oil and butter together in a frying pan to melt the butter. Add the Step 6 mixture, form into a round pancake, and cook slowly over low heat.
- To flip it over, hold a plate over the frying pan and invert the pancake on it, then slide it back into the pan. The one in the photo got messed up.
- When it's golden brown on both sides, it's done.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food rösti (swiss potato pancake) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!