Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, apam balik ovaltine cheese (terang bulan pancake). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake) is something that I have loved my entire life.
Apam Balik also known as Tereng Bulan or full moon Malay style Pancake is famous in Malaysia. It's available at Bazaar Ramadhan, outside Indoor Stadium Miri. 'Apam balik' is a Southeast Asian fluffy pancake with cream corn and peanuts. This soft pancake which is usually made to order has a thick surface with thin and crispy side.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apam balik ovaltine cheese (terang bulan pancake) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake):
- Get 1 egg
- Prepare 7 tablespoons self rising flour (you can use normal flour as well)
- Take 3 tablespoon white or brown sugar
- Make ready 7/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Take 7/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Take Ovaltine chocolate malt powder
- Prepare Grated cheese
- Make ready Margarine or butter
Apam balik pancakes filled with peanuts sugar. Apam balik (English: 'turnover pancake') or Terang Bulan, (lit.:"moon light") refer to the big round pancake, prior to folding, resembling the shape kernels (available from cans), but modern innovations such as chocolate sprinkles and cheddar cheese are. Apam balik is a crispy and fluffy Asian pancake turnover filled with roasted peanuts, sugar, creamy sweet corn, some butter and then folded into half. It is also a known dish in the nearby countries like Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei.
Instructions to make Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake):
- Beat egg and sugar until the sugar dissolved
- Sieve self rising flour and baking powder into, stir well. Add on water gradually until the mixture become lightly thick liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap, rest for ±1 hour
- After resting, Mix 2 tablespoon of water with baking soda until the baking soda dissolved perfectly. Add the mixture into the resting batter.
- Heat up pan, grease with oil and margarine/ butter. Pour the batter, rotate the pan to make crispy thin crust around the edge.
- Cover the lid until the top surface of dough completely cooked, then sprinkle some sugar. Cover again ±2 mins
- Turn off the fire, rub on margarine/ butter over the top surface.
- Sprinkle Ovaltine and grated cheese as topping
Great recipe for MOONLIT (Terang Bulan). Terang Bulan, or Kue Bulan or confectionary Apam Balik, is a kind of pancake commonly sold at roadsides throughout Indonesia and Malaysia, particularly Sabah. See great recipes for Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake) too! Also called "Terang Bulan" in some states, is a rich pancake-like dish slathered with liberal amounts of butter or margarine, and sprinkled with sugar, coarse nut and Apam Balik is a soft fluffy & moist sweet Malaysian peanut pancake turnover stuffed with a sugary, buttery peanut filling. Apam Balik is a type of griddle pancake common in Southeast Asia.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food apam balik ovaltine cheese (terang bulan pancake) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!