Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, ethiopian split chickpeas stew (ye kik alicha wot). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ethiopian Split Chickpeas Stew (Ye Kik Alicha Wot) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Ethiopian Split Chickpeas Stew (Ye Kik Alicha Wot) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ethiopian split chickpeas stew (ye kik alicha wot) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ethiopian Split Chickpeas Stew (Ye Kik Alicha Wot):
- Prepare split chickpeas (chana) boiled till cooked
- Make ready fresh chilis
- Take onions, diced
- Prepare fresh ginger
- Take garlic
- Prepare turmeric
- Make ready cumin
- Get ground black cardamom (optional)
- Take salt
- Get vegetable oil
- Get water, boiled
Instructions to make Ethiopian Split Chickpeas Stew (Ye Kik Alicha Wot):
- Place the oil in a deep lidded pot with the onions and cover. Place on medium heat and cook till the onions are translucent but not brown.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and black cardamom powder with a splash of water so the spice mixture does not burn. Mix well.
- Add the chilis and cooked split chickpeas and stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes to let the spices absorb.
- Add the water, garlic and ginger and cover the pot. Leave to cook for 15mins.
- After 15mins uncover the pot and mash the chickpeas to thicken the sauce.
- Cook uncovered for another 10-15minutes, depending on how thick you want the sauce, stirring regularly. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with chopped tomato salad, on injera flatbread, or with rice.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ethiopian split chickpeas stew (ye kik alicha wot) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!