Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sambal squid (sambal sotong). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sambal squid (sambal sotong) using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong):
- Take 200 g Squid (cut into bite size pieces)
- Make ready 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Get 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);
- Make ready 50 g Shallots
- Get 20 g Garlic
- Make ready 25 g Fermented Shrimp Paste
- Make ready 20 g Dried Chilli (deseed, rehydrate)
- Make ready Pre-Sauce (mix in a bowl);
- Take 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Sweet Dark Soy
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp Palm Sugar
- Take Other Ingredients;
- Prepare 2 pc Tamarind Slice
- Make ready 1 cup Coconut Milk
- Make ready 3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
Instructions to make Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong):
- MARINADE; marinate the squid in lime juice and salt for minimum 30 minutes. The Lime will remove any fishy scent.
- COOK THE PASTE; Heat the cooking oil in a wok until hot. Fry the Sambal paste until the oil separates.
- PRE-SAUCE; Once the oil separates, add the Pre-Sauce, Tamarind Slices, Coconut Milk and squid. Cook until the liquid has reduced to your desired consistency. Season with salt and sugar if necessary.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food sambal squid (sambal sotong) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!