Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, auntie's aromatic easy fish stew. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook auntie's aromatic easy fish stew using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew:
- Prepare 500 g bag of frozen fish chunks (e.g fish pie)
- Get 2 medium brown onions
- Get 4 cloves garlic
- Get 8 baby potatoes, halved
- Take 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
- Take 1 flat teaspoon smoked paprika
- Make ready 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Get 1 knob butter
- Make ready 1 vegetable stock cube
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
- Take 1 litre hot water
- Get 1 glass dry white wine (optional)
Instructions to make Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew:
- Coarsely chop the onions and garlic.
- Halve the potatoes.
- Add the onions and garlic and olive oil to your slow cooker or alternatively a frying pan and cook over a low heat until brown.
- Add the onions, potatoes, garlic, fish, spices and water to the slow cooker - dissolving the stock cube as you go. There is no need to defrost the fish.
- Set the cooking time on your slow cooker to 4 hours, alternatively to a medium heat setting.
- After 2 hours add the butter and check the water level, topping up with boiling water from the kettle if required. You may like to stir from time to time.
- After 3 hours, check the liquid levels. The stock should have thickened slightly and reduced. Taste it for flavour. Season and add more boiling water if required.
- Serve with a little steamed basmati rice.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food auntie's aromatic easy fish stew recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!