Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, rhubarb and berry crumble. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rhubarb and Berry Crumble is only one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Rhubarb and Berry Crumble is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
In a large bowl, combine blueberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour. For topping, in a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. A crumble is the British name for a blend of berries or other fruit with a textured sugary topping, often with oats; the result is all but synonymous with a crisp.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook rhubarb and berry crumble using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Rhubarb and Berry Crumble:
- Take 250 g rhubarb
- Prepare 250 g frozen berries
- Prepare 3 tablespoons cranberry juice
- Take 110 g golden caster sugar (for rhubarb)
- Get 70 g self raising flower
- Prepare 70 g oats
- Get 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Prepare 90 g butter
- Get 50 g golden caster sugar (for topping)
- Get 50 g chopped walnuts
This prize winning rhubarb crumble or this blueberry cobbler! Remove any leaves from the rhubarb stalks. Place in a bowl and mix with the strawberries, raspberries, a teaspoon of ginger and three-fourths cup of sugar. Dot with one-half tablespoon of butter.
Instructions to make Rhubarb and Berry Crumble:
- Wash the rhubarb and chop the ends off. Then gently peel back the skin of the rhubarb from the top (this will be more green than red). Peel back about 2.5cm
- Chop the rhubarb into 2.5cm chunks. Place into a pan, together with the frozen berries, cranberry juice and golden caster sugar.
- Cover and simmer on a very low heat for roughly 20 minutes. Taste the rhubarb to see if it is sweet enough and add more sugar if needed. Take off the heat when the rhubarb is soft, but holding its shape. Take the mix off the heat and put into a baking dish
- Heat the oven to 180C fan and meanwhile make the crumble topping. First mix the flour, oats and cinnamon together. Once mixed rub the flour mix together with the butter using your fingers. Stop when you have a soft, crumbly mix. Now add the sugar and nuts, mixing it all together with your hands
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the rhubarb mix and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown
With a fork or your fingertips mix the remaining sugar and ginger with the flour and oats. Crumble is something my family eats at every get together. I had never made it before, so I thought I'd give it a go. This crumble combines rhubarb and blueberries for a nice change of pace, and is dairy free and vegan friendly.. Add rhubarb, blueberries, apple juice, lemon juice and butter to pot.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food rhubarb and berry crumble recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!