Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, vickys orange poppy seed cake, gf df ef sf nf. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Orange Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Vickys Orange Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vickys orange poppy seed cake, gf df ef sf nf using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Orange Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get 275 grams gluten free or plain flour (2 cups)
- Prepare 2 tsp baking powder
- Prepare 200 grams granulated sugar
- Get 1 tsp xanthan gum if using gf flour
- Get 65 grams sunflower spread / butter (1/4 cup)
- Prepare 240 ml full fat coconut milk
- Take 60 ml fresh orange juice
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 1 tsp orange zest
- Make ready 30 grams poppy seeds (1/4 cup)
- Get Orange Buttercream
- Take 175 grams icing / powdered sugar
- Get 75 grams sunflower spread / butter
- Get 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Get 1 tsp orange zest
Instructions to make Vickys Orange Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease & line an 8" round cake tin
- Sift the flour into a stand mixer bowl. Add the baking powder, sugar, xanthan gum, sunflower spread, coconut milk, orange juice & vanilla and mix together on a medium speed for a few minutes until the batter is smooth and silky
- If using gluten free flour you'll need to let the batter rest 10 minutes after beating then mix again adding in more coconut milk to adjust the consistency, up to 3 tablespoons. The mixture should be a little bit thinner than normal cake batter
- Stir in the orange zest and poppy seeds until evenly distributed
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 55 - 60 minutes until risen, pulled in from the sides of the tin and nicely domed. Insert a toothpick in the middle to test it's cooked through, it will come out clean when done
- Invert it onto a wire rack and let it cool completely
- For the frosting, cream the icing sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy. Mix in the orange juice to thin the consistency then stir in the orange zest
- Spread evenly on top decorate with some extra orange zest
- Makes 1 layer of cake. Cake recipe and frosting recipe can both be doubled and split between 2 x 8" tins
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food vickys orange poppy seed cake, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!