Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, eggplant paturi (eggplants cooked in banana leaf - bengali fusion style). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Eggplant Paturi (Eggplants cooked in Banana Leaf - Bengali Fusion Style) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Eggplant Paturi (Eggplants cooked in Banana Leaf - Bengali Fusion Style) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have eggplant paturi (eggplants cooked in banana leaf - bengali fusion style) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Eggplant Paturi (Eggplants cooked in Banana Leaf - Bengali Fusion Style):
- Make ready 4-5 baby eggplants, slit lengthwise
- Take 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- Get 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- Get 8-10 cashew nuts
- Prepare 2 green chilies
- Take 1 tbsp. yoghurt
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- Get 3 tbsp. mustard oil
- Get 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- Take To taste salt
- Get As required extra fresh green / red chilies
- Prepare 1-2 banana leaves, cut into desired size
Steps to make Eggplant Paturi (Eggplants cooked in Banana Leaf - Bengali Fusion Style):
- Grind the cashew nuts, mustard seeds, green chilies and coconut to a smooth paste. Mix along with yoghurt, salt, turmeric powder, half of the mustard oil and coriander leaves.
- Heat a tawa / pan and place the banana leaves on them for a few seconds on both sides. This will help it to become more pliable so that it can be easily folded without breaking.
- Heat remaining mustard oil & saute the eggplants till it is slightly browned.
- Stuff little of the paste in each of the eggplants and place in the centre - of a banana leaf. Cover it with some of the leftover paste & place a chilli over it.
- Fold the banana leaf into a parcel. Tie with a string and keep aside. Do - the same with rest of the eggplants and the paste.
- Steam for 15 minutes. Midway, turn them over gently to cook the other side too.
- Serve with hot steamed rice or chapati.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food eggplant paturi (eggplants cooked in banana leaf - bengali fusion style) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!