Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, potato and cheese muffins. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Potato and Cheese Muffins is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Potato and Cheese Muffins is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
These cheesy potato muffins are great with soup. Be the first to review this recipe. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs well; blend in the milk, potatoes, cheese and shortening.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook potato and cheese muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato and Cheese Muffins:
- Take 125 grams potato
- Take 75 grams butter
- Make ready 150 grams all purpose (plain) flour
- Get 100 grams cornstarch (cornflour)
- Take 1 tbsp baking powder
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1 tbsp sugar
- Take 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Make ready 225 ml milk
- Take 1 egg
- Take 40 grams swiss (gruyere) cheese plus extra to serve
- Get 1 Tomato salsa to serve (I dont use)
Kids love these baked potato and cheese muffins. When I googled cottage cheese muffins, most of what you find are cottage cheese egg muffins…which are on my list, but I was looking for more like a real muffin…I was envisioning something that maybe replaced greek yogurt with cottage cheese. Mashed potatoes and pasta are two foods that I always seem to make way too much of. So today I am sharing my a really delicious recipe that uses up leftover mashed potato and ham.
Steps to make Potato and Cheese Muffins:
- Cut the potato into small cubes, put in a pan, cover with salted water and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until almost tender.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease 12 muffin pans or line with paper muffin cases.
- Melt 50 g of the butter. Sift the flour and cornstarch, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add sugar and thyme.
- Put the milk and egg into a jug. Grate in the cheese and whisk together with a fork.
- Drain the potatos and add to the flour mixture. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until combined. Spoon the mixture equally into the greased pan.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the muffina are firm to the touch and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack and leave to cool.
- Dice the remaining butter and serve the muffins topped with a knob of butter, ganish with tomato salsa. Serve with extra cheese.
Bring leftovers back to life with these delicious mashed potato, ham, cheese and pea muffins! Savoury Cheese muffins: Cheesy, buttery, garlicky and so moist, these taste like cheesy garlic bread! This is the stuff savoury muffin dreams are made These Cheese Muffins will disappear in seconds! Quick and easy, sinfully more-ish, these savoury muffins are buttery and garlicky with golden crusty. If you love scalloped potatoes or potatoes au gratin, you'll love these little individualized potato side dish made in a muffin tin.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food potato and cheese muffins recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!