Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cajun style red beans and rice. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Traditional red beans and rice are made with sausage, but we don't need any of that here! I was honestly shocked when I tried my first bite of these; they I would love for you guys to try this authentic Cajun recipe for vegan red beans and rice so you can enjoy true Louisiana cookin' in your own home! This recipe is another one of my favorite comfort foods.
Cajun style red beans and rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Cajun style red beans and rice is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook cajun style red beans and rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun style red beans and rice:
- Take 1 box family size Zatarain's red beans and rice
- Make ready 2 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- Take 2 large green bellpeppers
- Prepare 1 medium onion
- Make ready 2 packages Polska Kielbasa OR Andoullie sausage*
- Take 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Get 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Get 1 packages Gouda cheese (or preferred cheese, Cheddar also goes well)
Learn how to make Cajun red beans and rice, Paul Prudhomme style. Served over rice and accompanied with Andouille sausage, this The first time I ate red beans and rice was while visiting my in laws. I don't think they were my in laws yet, and little did they know they'd soon be welcoming a. Prechopped vegetables and canned beans keep this version of red beans and rice simple yet satisfying.
Instructions to make Cajun style red beans and rice:
- Chop (dice) your bellpeppers and onion and slice sausage and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or pot add all ingredients for the red beans and rice (beans and rice, water and oil or butter).
- Add sausage, bellpeppers, onion, garlic and Cajun seasoning and cook according to package directions.
- Cut the Gouda (or preferred cheese) into small cubes and add about five minutes before cooking is complete, or in the last five minutes that it sits.
- Serve and enjoy!
Partially mash beans with a fork. I love making and eating Lousianna style recipes. I have wanted to visit Louisiana forever. Since I never seem to be able to take the trip the next best thing is to enjoy Cajun and Creole recipes like this Red Beans and Rice recipe at home. Red beans slowly simmered with a smoky ham hock until they absorb all of its flavour before being served over rice in one flavour packed meal.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food cajun style red beans and rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!