Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chorizo and chicken paella. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chorizo and Chicken Paella is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chorizo and Chicken Paella is something that I have loved my whole life.
Chorizo and chicken Paella made in a cast iron skillet, bursting with flavor from fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, saffron, tumeric, and more! This chicken and chorizo paella is a flavor party in a skillet. Swap traditional seafood paella for an easy chicken and chorizo version - a hearty family supper for four.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chorizo and chicken paella using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chorizo and Chicken Paella:
- Make ready 4 cups chicken broth
- Take 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- Get 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Get 8 oz chorizo sliced
- Take 8 oz chicken thighs cubed
- Get 1 large onion chopped
- Prepare 1 red pepper diced
- Take 3 gloves garlic minced
- Prepare 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- Get 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Take Salt
- Prepare Pepper
- Get Fresh parsley chopped
- Take 1/2 cup frozen peas
Heat the oil in a large, lidded, heatproof pan or paella pan. Fry the chicken until the pieces are evenly browned. This easy version of the traditional Spanish rice dish features both chicken and chorizo sausage mixed in with the rice, peas and tomato. Paella is a dish that I love after having tried it in Spain during my graduation trip (how I wish I can go back there!) But I have not tried making it because saffron is so expensive here!
Instructions to make Chorizo and Chicken Paella:
- Heat chicken broth in small saucepan on low heat. Add saffron threads
- In large 12-14inch cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat
- Add chorizo and chicken and remove when lightly browned.They should not be cooked through.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic and sauté until soft. Stir in paprika, rice, and tomato purée
- Strain chicken broth and add to pan. Add chorizo and chicken back to pan and stir once. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cook over medium heat until all of the liquid is dissolved and rice is tender (about 25min)
- To crispy (burnt) rice is desired, turn heat to high and cook for 2 min.
- Sprinkle frozen peas on top (optional)
- Remove from heat and cover with parchment paper. Let sit for 10 min
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
Place the chicken in the hot oil to brown the sides. Push the chicken aside and add in the chorizo. Read the Paella with chicken and chorizo recipe. Salt the chicken and rub with a small amount of paprika. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chorizo and chicken paella recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!