Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, hot tofu (yudōfu). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hot Tofu (Yudōfu) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Hot Tofu (Yudōfu) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook hot tofu (yudōfu) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Hot Tofu (Yudōfu):
- Get 500-600 g ‘Momen’ Tofu *medium soft type, cut into large pieces
- Take Water
- Make ready 5 cm Kombu (Kelp) *optional
- Make ready <Sauce>
- Prepare 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Get 2 tablespoons Mirin
- Take 2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine)
- Prepare 1 sachet (2.5 g) Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes)
- Prepare 1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
Steps to make Hot Tofu (Yudōfu):
- Place Water and Kombu in a pot, gently place Tofu, and add more Water just enough to cover. Slowly heat over medium heat. When started boiling, it’s ready to serve. *Note: Do not boil Tofu for too long.
- Meanwhile, make Sauce. Heat Soy Sauce, Mirin and Sake (Rice Wine) in a saucepan over medium heat, and bring to the boil. After gently boiling for 1 minute, add Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes) and remove from the heat. Add Spring Onion.
- Pick up Hot Tofu using a slotted spoon or small skimmer, and enjoy with the Sauce. *Note: You may wish to add Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and grated Ginger.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food hot tofu (yudōfu) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!