Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, vietnamese shrimp & mung bean crepe. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vietnamese shrimp & mung bean crepe using 29 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe:
- Take For The Filling:
- Get 1 cup spinach (as you please)
- Take 1 cup nappa cabbage (as you please)
- Take 1/2 cup mint or shiso (chopped)
- Make ready 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Prepare 1 cup sweet onion (chopped)
- Make ready 1 cup water chestnuts (quardered)
- Prepare 2 cups mung beans
- Take 1-2 - pound shrimp or prawns
- Prepare For The Sauce:
- Get 1/4 cup carrot (grated)
- Make ready 1/4 cup daikon radish (grated)
- Take 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- Make ready 2-3 serrano peppers (finely diced optional)
- Get (optional a few sprinkles of dried pepper flakes)
- Make ready (optional 2 Tbsp kimchi finely chopped or starter kimchi paste)
- Get 3 + Tbsp Mirin (rice wine) (like sake less alcohol more sugar)
- Get 3 + Tbsp soy sauce
- Make ready 6 + Tbsp fish sauce
- Prepare 3 limes (squeezed and scooped of all yummy juce sacks parts)
- Take 3 Tbsp warm water
- Make ready 4 cloves garlic (use less if you want less spicy)
- Get Honey to taste (also thickens)
- Make ready For The Crepe Batter:
- Take 1 can unsweetened coconut milk or coconut cream
- Prepare 2 cups white rice flour mixture
- Take 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- Take 4 cups water
- Prepare 1/4 cup green onion
Steps to make Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe:
- For the batter, mix all ingredients together, mix well and refrigerate. (consistency should be runny batter, looser than waffle or pancake batter)
- For sauce, mix all ingredients together, should taste tart and sweet with a good solid taste of the sea and a hint of sweet from the honey. Also the rjapanese radish should add to the flavor.
- Heat up on high, some vegetable oil a extra large stick free pan or wok. Add the batter fry until top of batter starts to bubble turn down to half heat and cover for 5-10 minutes. Check to see bottom crisp has been achieved. Turn down low add shrimp, onion and mung beans. TOP should still be kind of sticky. Cover keep cooking on low untill entire crepe can be manipulated and folded over. Crepe should be very nicly crisp.
- Once crepe is folded add to plate with extra herbs like the Napa cabbage and shiso and all others in list not mentioned in last step for filling.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vietnamese shrimp & mung bean crepe recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!