Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, rhubarb crumble & custard.💟. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Rhubarb Crumble & Custard.💟 is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Rhubarb Crumble & Custard.💟 is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
The combination of rhubarb, apple and strawberry is delicious! Don't be afraid to use frozen strawberries if needed. The 'crumble' is pretty straight-forward, but our family loves crumble, so we usually double the amount.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have rhubarb crumble & custard.💟 using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Rhubarb Crumble & Custard.💟:
- Prepare 3 long length Rhubarb stems
- Get 3 tbls Caster Sugar
- Get 1 tbls Honey
- Get 2 Cups cold water
- Get 1 +1/2 cup flour
- Take 2 tbls Butter
- Get 1 tsp brown sugar
Tart, sweet, and with the best crumble topping I have made yet. I usually halve the recipe but I am including the full amount here. It is from Nigella Lawson's cookbook Feast. It can be made in advance (the crumble topping separate from the rhubarb) and stored in the fridge or freezer.
Instructions to make Rhubarb Crumble & Custard.💟:
- Add the crumble on top of the Rhubarb and add to a preheated oven 180°C for 10-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut up the Rhubarb lengths into 1 inch pieces. In a saucepan add the rhubarb and water. Then add the sugar. Boil on low for a bout 6-10 minutes until soft strain off.
- When drained Add the honey. And set aside
- Make a little Crumble, 1+1/2 Cup plain flour mixed in with 1tbls Butter mix with your fingers it should stick in a lump in the palm of your hand and crumble when squeezed. then add 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Add a little oil to the baking dish rub it all around just to help stop it sticking. Then add the Rhubarb then add crumble on top
- Add to a preheated oven for 10 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Custard.
You don't need to thaw the topping before proceeding. James Martin's classic rhubarb crumble recipe will take you to comfort food heaven in six short steps and under an hour. If you like rhubarb, this is a good one. Rhubarb is sweetened and topped with a crunchy oat topping in this delicious and easy to make pie. A dear family friend always grew rhubarb and made this pie with her bounty each year.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food rhubarb crumble & custard.💟 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!