Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, authentic onion gratin soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Authentic Onion Gratin Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Authentic Onion Gratin Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have authentic onion gratin soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Authentic Onion Gratin Soup:
- Make ready For the onion soup:
- Make ready 2 Onion (medium)
- Take 10 grams Butter
- Get 600 ml ☆Water
- Make ready 2 tbsp ☆Sake
- Prepare 2 cubes ☆Chicken consommé cubes
- Make ready 1 ☆Salt and pepper
- Make ready For the baguette / garlic toast:
- Get 4 cm Baguette
- Make ready 1 clove Garlic
- Make ready 1 pat Butter
- Prepare For the topping:
- Get 4 tbsp Shredded cheese
- Take 1 as much (to taste) Fresh parsley
Steps to make Authentic Onion Gratin Soup:
- Thinly slice the onion lengthwise. Melt the butter in a deep pan and lightly sauté the onion. Cover and simmer over medium to high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and sauté for 5 minutes. *Scrape the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water, sake, and chicken consommé cubes (break up the cubes before adding), and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and adjust the saltiness. The soup base is done.
- While the soup is still hot, transfer to heat-resistant bowls and top with the garlic bread ( see Step 7) and cheese. You can also use a lightly toasted baguette instead of garlic bread.
- Preheat the oven and bake at 180℃ for about 15 minutes or bake in the toaster oven for about 7 minutes. It's ready when the tops are browned. It's easier to bake in the toaster oven if you're just preparing 1 or 2 serving(s).
- <For the baguette> Cut the garlic clove in half. Rub a 1 cm thick slice of baguette with the cut side of the garlic. Thinly spread butter and toast in a toaster oven.
- Make a large batch, and store the caramelized onions and garlic bread in the freezer for later use. (To defrost the toast, put it in the refrigerator overnight.)
- The reason for baking is to melt the cheese and brown the top; this could be done with either an oven or a toaster oven.
- The baguettes that have absorbed the soup and the melted cheese on top taste amazing! I used small slices of baguettes and put 2 in each bowl.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food authentic onion gratin soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!