Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, steamed broken wheat upma with carrot. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Steamed Broken Wheat Upma with Carrot is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Steamed Broken Wheat Upma with Carrot is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Broken wheat upma recipe or dalia upma using vegetables. Healthy south indian style dalia makes a nutrious breakfast for everyone. I have used only carrots, potatoes and peas.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have steamed broken wheat upma with carrot using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Broken Wheat Upma with Carrot:
- Get 1 . Broken wheat - 1 cup
- Get 2 . Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Get 3 . Water - 1 cup
- Prepare 4 . Ginger - 1 inch Finely grated
- Take 5 . Green chilli - 1 chopped finely
- Make ready 6 . Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Make ready 7 . Coriander - 2 tbsp chopped finely
- Prepare 8 . Salt - as needed
Cracked Wheat Upma-Samba Godhumai Rava Upma. Dalia Upma is a savory broken wheat Indian breakfast loaded with fresh vegetables. Learn how to make broken wheat upma in a few simple steps. Once steam is released remove the lid to open the pressure cooker.
Instructions to make Steamed Broken Wheat Upma with Carrot:
- Roast broken wheat in empty kadai until aroma comes out. Keep stirring else wheat will get burnt. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Add yogurt and mix it. Add a cup of water and mix it thoroughly. Close with lid and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Add grated ginger, green chilli, carrot, coriander to this. Add enough salt. Mix this thoroughly in the batter. Batter will be thick after 30 minutes.
- In steamer or idli cooker spread thin muslin cloth. Spread the batter over the cloth evenly. Close with lid and cook until done.
- In this method upma won't be sticky at all. It will be very fluffy and nice. This is completely oil free. If you want you can spread 1 tsp of ghee and serve.
- Serve with coconut chutney. Excellent breakfast recipe. My son loved this.
Gently, fluff the upma with a fork. Drizzle lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander. Broken Wheat Upma / Dalia Upma is a nutritious breakfast dish made with broken wheat and veggies. I have added carrots and capsicum in this upma. You can even add green peas and sweet corn to this upma and make it more flavorful and colourful.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food steamed broken wheat upma with carrot recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!