Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, wicked thai chicken soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Wicked Thai chicken soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Wicked Thai chicken soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have wicked thai chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Wicked Thai chicken soup:
- Take 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare 8 oz container fresh mushrooms (chopped or sliced) I use cremini
- Take 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Make ready 1 red pepper, diced
- Get 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Prepare 4 cups chicken broth
- Prepare 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Make ready 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass (see note above)
- Prepare 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Prepare 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1 cup half and half cream
- Make ready 1 can coconut milk
- Prepare 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons chilli garlic sauce
- Prepare 1 can tomato paste (156 ml or 5.5 oz)
- Prepare 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Make ready 1 cup rice, (cooked)
- Get chopped cilantro for garnish if you'd like
Instructions to make Wicked Thai chicken soup:
- If rice is not already cooked, prepare according to package directions
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add chopped or sliced mushrooms and cook until tender and golden in colour. Remove mushrooms from the pot and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add mushrooms back to the dutch oven along with chicken stock, chicken, lemongrass, fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the half and half and coconut milk. DO NOT boil after this step.
- Place lid on the dutch oven or pot and allow to cook on low for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the Thai red curry paste, chill garlic sauce, tomato paste, water and cornstarch. Whisk to a smooth consistently.
- Add curry mixture to the soup and stir until soup is slightly thickened and fragrant, roughly another 10 minutes or so.
- Add rice to the pot and stir to combine. Garnish with cilantro if you'd like. Serve and enjoy!!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food wicked thai chicken soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!