Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, surti locho. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Surti Locho is very famous street food of Surat city. You can enjoy this healthy food as a breakfast in the morning or as a snacks. Surti locho, cooked with less oil, steamed, served with spicy desi chutney, chilies and sev is a famous and special Gujarati traditional street food.
Surti Locho is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Surti Locho is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have surti locho using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Surti Locho:
- Get 1 cup split Bengal gram
- Get 1/3 cup skinned black gram
- Take 1/3 cup flattened rice / poha
- Take 3 tsp oil
- Prepare 3 green chillies in paste form
- Prepare 1 tsp ginger paste
- Take 1 large pinch asafoetida
- Make ready 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Get 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
- Get 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Get 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Get 1/2 cup water
- Make ready 1 large onion chopped
- Get 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Take 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- Make ready 1 tbsp chat masala
- Prepare 1 lime cut into wedges
- Take 1/2 cup butter melted
Surti Locho Recipe, How To Make Surti Locho Recipe. A traditional recipe and a street from a city called Surat from the state of Gujarat. Locho in gujarati means a mistake. Surti locho appears to be puffy once cooked.
Steps to make Surti Locho:
- Wash split Bengal gram and skinned black gram thoroughly in water. Then cover with water in separate bowl. Soak overnight or at least 5-6 hours.
- Wash and soak flattened rice in a bowl for 10 mins.
- Drain off water from skinned black gram. wash again and grind to a smooth paste in mixter grinder. Add soaked flattened rice without water into the same jar and grind well to a smooth paste.
- Take out the mixture in a separate bowl. Add in soaked washed split Bengal gram and make a coarse paste out of it.
- Get the coarse paste in to the bowl as well. Add half cup of water.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, ginger chilli paste and mix well to make a batter. consistency should be like Dosa batter.
- Get rest of the ingredients ready.
- Arrange a steamer on a gas stove. Add water and turn on the gas. Grease a bowl and keep it ready for steaming the batter. Add a teaspoon of Eno fruit salt into batter.
- Mix well. Do not over mix. Pour the batter into greased plate and place it into steamer. Steam for 20 mins.
- Scoop out the hot locho into a bowl. Sprinkle red chilli powder, chat masala and groumd pepper as per taste. Put 1 tbsp of butter in each bowl. Add some onions and gram sev. Garnish with some coriander and pomegranate arils. You can drizzle some lemon juice too.
- Hot buttery locho is ready to be served. you can add grated cheese too of you wish to.
Insert a knife, if the batter doesn't stick to knife then it is ready. Take out piping hot surti locho onto a plate with the help of a spoon, spreading it thinly from. Surti Locho or Surati Locho is a popular and traditional Gujarati street food from the city of Surat. Similar to a Dhokla, it is an anytime dish - breakfast, snacks or dinner and is often served as a. Surti Lacho is a famous Gujarati delicacy.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food surti locho recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!